VENTURE SCIENTIFIC® Supply Hardened Stainless Steel Dies, Tungsten Carbide lined Hardened Dies and Evacuable pellet making Dies (For vacuum application during powder compaction) for KBr pellet making and powder compaction.
Each piece in our quality powder pellet press die sets are designed, machined and precision ground for simple, easy, reliable powder pressing. The carefully chosen steels for our powder press dies are heat treated for maximum hardness and strength, permitting reliable and repeatable long term performance. Our durable, hardened tool steel dry pellet pressing die sets can safely tolerate large stresses from the hydraulic press required to make quality pellets and the wide range of hydraulic pellet press and laboratory pellet press dies and in our selection range gives flexibility on the size of pellet you need. If you can’t find what you need – just let us know and we’ll make it for you!
Each powder Pellet Press Die Set includes and 1x Die Sleeve, 1x Plunger rod, 1x 2 Spacers, 1x Base plate and 1x Release ring with viewing slot.
Every one of our pellet dies are made to high tolerances to allow the pieces to slide within one another without allowing the powder to escape which would cause the die set to jam up and prevent it from working efficiently. The superior level mirror surface finish of the interior pressing surface and spacers reduce cross contamination and make. Dies can be operated with or without spacers to give flexibility on thickness of pellets you want to make. KBr pellet press die set and IR die sets can be readily used for making FTIR pellets in the laboratory setting, these smaller diameter dry powder press dies can be used with hand pellet presses as well as typically hydraulic lab press. If you don’t see the size you need or you want a custom rectangular dies, one of our square pressing dies in whatever size you need, or a heated pellet die, please fill out the custom die set form and we’ll come back to you today with a quote!
Salient Features of VENTURE SCIENTIFIC® Powder Compaction Dies:
1. Used for making high quality pellets for KBr Pellets for FTIR molecular spectroscopic analysis and XRF pellets for X-Ray Fluorescence atomic spectroscopic analysis.
2. Dies are supplied with extractor ring for sample disc removal.
3. VENTURE SCIENTIFIC® will also supply pressed pellet out of the same die for your satisfaction of our quality checking and testing of same die manufactured at our end.
4. VENTURE SCIENTIFIC® can supply wide range of shape, size and load capabilities.
For any custom shape dies, kindly let us know your design or desire pellet size. We can design your dies as per suitability of your parameters.
Specification of Tungsten Carbide Line Dies:Tungsten carbide has very high compressive strength and hence it can take high pressure. Tungsten carbide punches with mirror finished surface produces pellets with excellent surface finish.
1. Density / Specific Weight : 14.34 to 14.50 gms/cc.
2. Hardness in HV5 : 1210 to 1350 HV5. 2 3. Minimum TRS value: 3000 N/mm.
3. WC Percentage: 89%.
4. Co Percentage: 11%.
5. Plungers will be made in total Cobalt bonded Tungsten Carbide. Die body will be lined with Co-WC.